Friday 11 May 2012

Life at School - Term 1

Every term, our school has Boys and Girls Club on the last two Fridays. They thought the Canadian might be able to play her national sport and teach it to a bunch of 4, 5, 6 boys. I say "Fake it, 'til you make it!" I faked it very well. My question is.... Why do we have lacrosse sticks instead of hockey sticks? Talk about hand-eye coordination lessons.
Pretending I know how to play lacrosse during Boys and Girls club



Not only do they have swimming carnivals in Australia, but they have Cross-Country Carnivals as well. We all went to Mt. Stromlo on the last Friday of term and met our sister school, St. Jude's. Everyone was put into their House Groups and we were ready to compete. The students ran around the oval once and cheered their teammates on and ate lollies for the rest of the time. I wore my toque and mitts in the 'wintry' weather and cheered my team Garrit. We then had a sausage sizzle and then went back to the school to clean-up, finish work and watch movies. A great end to the term.





School disco. I think the staff had more fun than the kids.

Finally had a sunny day to do our shadow experiments.

Making Mother's Day cards with our Year 2 buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment