Friday 21 June 2013

Another Couple of Days and I Would've Been Jumping Off a Bridge

When we arrived back in Queenstown, in an effort to keep myself entertained without jumping off a bridge or out of an airplane, I decided to take an off road Lord of the Rings Tour. I'm really not the biggest Lord of the Rings fan, but I was eager to see the scenery around Queenstown from a different point of view. Esme joined me and we were off to Middle Earth.



refugees of Rohan and the Battle of the Wargs

 A demonstration of how they made the 'normal' sized actors look like hobbits

Ford of Bruinen

We got to 4x4 right through a creek. We also did some gold panning. Alas, I did not strike it rich.



The Remarkables - the Misty Mountains in Lord of the Rings
After saving Middle Earth, I met up with Katharina and went with her to the Canyon Swing as moral support. On the walk all the way to the swing, they had these hilarious signs. I found them funny anyways as I knew that I wasn't swinging to my death through a canyon. The cool thing about this adrenaline rush is that there were a plethora of ways to jump off the platform. I'd go through them all, but I wouldn't be able to do it justice. Go the webpage where they have video, quotes and other awesome stuff. http://www.canyonswing.co.nz/ If we would have stayed a few more minutes, I may have been convinced to have a go off the slide. Thank God sanity won out.... for now.







That evening I went to Kiwi Haka at the top of the Skyline. The meal was delicious and the cultural performance was awesome, though I would have much preferring seeing the Haka done by the National Rugby Team. Maybe next time. They got the men in the audience up to do the Haka and the women up to do the Poi, me included. This was my last night in Queenstown. I left on the Skyline with one last look at a night time adrenaline rush. A Bunjy from from the platform at night.








No comments:

Post a Comment